Commercial Property Manager Full-time JobJun 27th, 2022 at 12:52 Real Estate Toronto 9 views Reference: 60
General Management of a well-located 100,000 square foot high end retail center.
- Create and maintain lease abstracts
- Track Tenant Coordination for new construction and additional properties. This includes, construction drawings, concepts, tenant work periods, opening dates, rent deposits.
- Work with property management bookkeeping team to ensure correct and timely billing.
- Oversee the physical operation and maintenance of the shopping center by responding in a timely, thorough, and concise manner to questions and requests from tenants, vendors, and upper management
- Monitor and discuss with the Asset Manager the financial and physical health of each property in depth, and interface with the Asset Manager to implement company’s financial directives
- Ensure revenues are timely collected and payments are properly processed.
- Improve systems to ensure and enhance current collections and operations policies are adhered to
- Assist Bookkeepers in maintaining updated rent rolls and CAM reconciliations
- Prepare or revise monthly tenant sales reports for the property and present property information to Asset Manager in regularly scheduled property meetings
- Read, interpret, author, and negotiate contracts with vendors and third-party management companies and present to Asset Manager for approval
- Assist Asset Manager in preparing annual operating budgets and income projections, including analysis of monthly expenses, cost allocations, and operational efficiencies
- Be available on property daily to inspect their condition, provide direction to general contractors performing tenant build-outs,
- Push parties through tenant build-out process, and measure their compliance with lease requirements and outlined policies
- Monitor critical dates in the lease portfolio (rent commencements, expirations, renewals, tax deadlines, etc.)
- Ensure that high standards for property performance, operations, and facility maintenance are understood and maintained by relevant parties
- Ensure invoices are submitted to accounting for payment, and verify utility and maintenance bills are on target
- Verify billing dates and coverage for active insurance policies and COIs required by tenants
- Resolve minor issues with commercial tenants, vendors, and contractors, while communicating with Asset Manager over major Issues and liability
- Supervise the tenant work order process and landlord/tenant build-out process
- Ensure tenant repair and maintenance requests are timely and professionally responded to and managed
- Other property management-related duties, as assigned by Asset Manager
- Form and follow the written policies and procedures of the company for all tenant communication
- Oversee and work with the Facility Maintenance Team to ensure property condition is acceptable at all times
- Source and coordinate tenant/lease options for approval by upper management.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in a real estate management role, with at least 5 years in commercial retail property management
- Bachelor’s degree or work equivalent
- Financially savvy, able to create and manage budgets, CAMs, expenses
- Proficient in negotiation and contract/lease management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent time management
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Application Fee: $12
Processing Fee: $19
From our humble beginning as a small consulting firm, Iglobal has grown along with many of our clients over the years. We believe in building partnerships that mature into lasting relationships, and our focus has always been on supporting our partners in managing their businesses. By listening to the needs of our clients, we have evolved and expanded to meet their changing business requirements and assisting them in achieving continued success.