Logistics Supervisor Full-time JobJul 20th, 2022 at 01:19 Transportation & Logistics Vancouver 33 views Reference: 87
Our clients are looking for a logistics supervisors to oversee the shipment and delivery of goods and warehouse personnel. You will mainly work in warehouse settings for retailers and wholesalers.
Your job description involves managing the loading of trucks, setting up delivery routes, and unloading of materials.
You also manage inventory, establish and maintain communication with suppliers, custom brokers, carriers, and others involved in the shipping and delivery of merchandise. You must attend to many tasks to ensure that goods are shipped and delivered in a timely manner and that the inventory levels are sufficiently maintained.
- Manage and coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities for district warehouses and stores
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities of the organization
- Direct and review work plan for assigned staff
- Implement appropriate safety guidelines and investigate injuries or unsafe conditions
- Monitor storeroom and warehouse material usage
- Provide assistance in warehouse space utilization by designing facility layouts to achieve maximum storage efficiency
- Develop delivery schedules and drop shipment strategies
- Maintain accurate records and files of inventory usage
- Meet with staff to identify and resolve problems
- Select, train, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel
- Implement discipline and termination procedures
- Prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary
- Assist with budget preparation and administration
- Coordinate warehousing and storeroom activities with outside agencies and organizations
- Discover new trends and innovations in the fields of warehousing and storage programs.
- Decision Making: logistics supervisors need good decision making skills to be able to consider the relative cost and benefits of potential actions to decide on the best one
- Communication Skill: You should have excellent communication skill ( both written and verbal) to effectively negotiate with carriers, suppliers, custom brokers, and customers
- System Evaluation: You should be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance that are relative to the goals of the system
- Complex Problem Solving: You should have the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solution.
- Critical Thinking: You need to know how to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
Application Fee: $12
Processing Fee: $19
From our humble beginning as a small consulting firm, Iglobal has grown along with many of our clients over the years. We believe in building partnerships that mature into lasting relationships, and our focus has always been on supporting our partners in managing their businesses. By listening to the needs of our clients, we have evolved and expanded to meet their changing business requirements and assisting them in achieving continued success.