Management Accountant Full-time JobJun 25th, 2022 at 13:50 Financial Services Québec 10 views Reference: 3
Exciting newly created commercial Management Accounting role for growing and fast paced organisation.
Your new company
Scendea is seeking a Management Accountant to join our team in a full-time position. The role will be office-based at our UK office in Bishop’s Stortford offering flexibility (working from home 1-2 days a week). Scendea is a leading product development and regulatory consulting practice serving the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. Our international team offer strategic and operational support to guide medicinal and therapeutic products from early development to marketing approval.
Your new role
As the Management Accountant you will be the #2 “right hand person” to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in the running and improvement of financial operation as well as supporting the company in a limited business partnering capacity. In the short term, this role will be “hands on” with one direct report; however, as you settle into your role the expectation is that more opportunity for development will be made available to you. This is an exciting position in a rapidly growing multi-national consulting group. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic organisation, where team culture is paramount. The position represents an opportunity to develop as a finance professional; the successful candidate will be on a pathway to Finance Controller. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and highly organised, with strong process orientated skills, capable of working cross-functionally on the planning and implementation of projects. At Scendea, you will receive dedicated mentoring and training to support your growth within a highly professional and internationally recognised team.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Closing of the monthly accounts and all supporting analyses and reconciliations.
- In conjunction with the CFO prepare the monthly management accounts.
- Working with the CFO on the departmental budgets and forecasting.
- Assisting budget holders in monitoring and tracking the performance of budgets and deliverables.
- Identification and implementation of improvements in Xero, Zoho, Project Works and Fathom reporting.
- Work with the CFO to collaborate with teams across the business to deliver financial strategy.
- Modelling of operational improvement initiatives and investment opportunities.
- Help establish and enforce financial controls throughout the departments.
- Raise sales invoices, process purchase invoices, pay suppliers and resolve associated queries.
- Assist with banking and credit control.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns, ensuring compliance with VAT regulation.
- Preparation of R&D tax credit claims and other tax compliance with the CFO and external advisors.
- Preparation of statutory accounts with CFO and external advisor support.
- Identification, implementation and documentation of SOPs for all financial processes.
- Line Manage and support development of 1 Financial Accounts Assistant.
- Actively participate in other initiatives and projects, as mutually agreed, to support the development, expansion, and evolution of the company.
What you'll get in return
- Performance related incentive scheme up to 10% of annual salary, based on achieving Corporate Objectives and Personal Objectives.
- 5% company contribution to company workplace pension or another of your choice.
- Life Assurance Scheme (4x Base Salary).
- Access to Employee Assistance Program.
- 26 days Holiday plus Birthday and Work Anniversary.
- Private Health Care (From Sept 2022)
- A collaborative working environment driven by strong company values and a very high level of employee engagement across the international organisation.
Application Fee: $12
Processing Fee: $19