Senior Cyber Security Consultant Full-time JobJun 27th, 2022 at 08:27 Security & Safety Vancouver 12 views Reference: 49
Our client is seeking to enter in a long-term commitment with a Senior Cyber Security Consultant. Initially the engagement with start with a part-time hour. This role will conduct an in-depth review and implement any needed actions to mitigate security risks. This will evolve to an ongoing security services both regular reviews and to handle imminent threats. This position is responsible to provide security advisory and consulting services to key stakeholders across the enterprise for the purposes of procuring and implementing technology solutions and/or services.
- Provide security advisory and consulting services to key stakeholders for procuring and implementing technology solutions and / or services.
- Work with various stakeholders and project teams to ensure the effective implementation of security architecture, policy and standard requirements to mitigate security risk.
- Provide cost effective and efficient risk treatment strategies.
- Exercise a good understanding of risk-based approaches, balancing business needs against potential security risks.
- Develop security practices and procedures such as Threat Risk Assessments (TRA), to sustain the continuous assessment of changes to the client’s operations and technical environment, and evidence associated with the performance of security assessments.
- Perform thorough TRA's on Applications, Systems and Cloud services.
- Review and approve technical changes and support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) functions as the Security Subject Matter Expert in this regard.
- Act as the cybersecurity single point of contact (SPOC) to provide security requirements, direction and make decisions, as required.
- Contribute creative solutions to technical and process challenges.
- Keep abreast of external threats, technology and business changes.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Educate stakeholders on complex cybersecurity issues to obtain alignment and improve general awareness.
- 5+ years in IT and security
- 2+ year of further concentrated study in cybersecurity programs.
- Bachelor of Information Technology or Engineering
- Must hold a CISSP Certification
- Advanced knowledge of computer sciences and cybersecurity, including in-depth understanding of security best practices, risks and technologies, and the solutions to address those risks.
- Knowledge gained through security training organizations
- Provide sound advice and consultation on security technology and services matters to stakeholders, and to ensure that changes to existing or new technology solutions and services continue to meet OPG security requirements.
- Requires practical security experience engaged in analysis and problem solving to provide effective consulting services to stakeholders.
- Requires experience to understand security threats, risks and possible solutions to counter them.
- Require experience to stay current on changes regarding security threats and best practices to contribute to sound implementation approaches and results with respect to technologies and services.
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud & Microsoft Security
- Requires a good knowledge of communications, both oral and written, to communicate effectively with others.
In Person (relocation requried)
Application Fee: $12
Processing Fee: $19
From our humble beginning as a small consulting firm, Iglobal has grown along with many of our clients over the years. We believe in building partnerships that mature into lasting relationships, and our focus has always been on supporting our partners in managing their businesses. By listening to the needs of our clients, we have evolved and expanded to meet their changing business requirements and assisting them in achieving continued success.