Systems Engineer Full-time JobJun 27th, 2022 at 13:11 IT & Telecoms Vancouver 13 views Reference: 64
We are a growing company looking for an efficient systems engineer to help us expand our computing infrastructure. The systems engineer's responsibilities include working with a team of IT specialists to design, set up and maintain a network of computers, including hardware, software, and system architecture.
To be successful in this position, the systems engineer should be a highly motivated, results-driven individual who can create the perfect solution for our organization's higher-level needs. The best candidate will also be an excellent listener and communicator, with the ability to explain why their solutions are the best fit for us.
- Overseeing the development and installation of new networking and computing infrastructures.
- Selecting the best possible solutions using knowledge of a wide range of available technologies.
- Monitoring systems in the existing network to ensure there are no productivity set-backs.
- Installing and configuring operating systems and application software.
- Implementing best practices for system security and data backups.
- Anticipating potential issues or bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues when they arise.
- Communicating effectively with IT support staff to ensure the setup process runs smoothly.
- Liaising with vendors and keeping relevant stakeholders up to date with developments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field (Master's preferred).
- Proven track record of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX-based systems.
- Experience creating scripts (e.g. using Perl, Ruby, Python) and setting up software for automation.
- Exceptional knowledge of networking technologies (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Familiarity with administration, performance tuning, and system monitoring.
- Good communication skills (written, verbal, and face-to-face).
Application Fee: $12
Processing Fee: $19
From our humble beginning as a small consulting firm, Iglobal has grown along with many of our clients over the years. We believe in building partnerships that mature into lasting relationships, and our focus has always been on supporting our partners in managing their businesses. By listening to the needs of our clients, we have evolved and expanded to meet their changing business requirements and assisting them in achieving continued success.